Thursday, October 7, 2010

London, Paris and Barcelona In My Future

Okay Dahlings. I’m beyond excited. In six days I will be leaving the country for 15 days for a much needed respite from the daily grind of work/home, home/work, if you know what I mean. Yours truly is heading to London, Paris, and Barcelona. The hubby is going ahead of me to Poland for work and then will head to London where we will meet to start our european escapades. I’m dreaming of shopping in the Marias and eating macaroons at Pierre Hermé and Laduree bakery in Paris, eating tapas and visiting surrealist painter,  Salvador Dali’s hometown once we get to Barcelona, and visitng museums and colorful markets in London (among other sights and sounds). I will be moving around a lot and that means I need to pack light. And that’s where the panic comes in. The hubby has limited me to five outfits and three pairs of ( sensible) shoes. I’m desperately overwhelmed with picking the right pieces for my urban travels which gets complicated because I have to pack more bulky pieces than usual as a result of the weather this time of year . But I also realized that perhaps the less clothes I bring, the more reasons I will have to shop. And after all, H&M did just open a flagship store on the Champs Elysee. Oh La, La, La.

But before I head off I’m working on putting together a few posts featuring five style mavens from my office. The gals I chose all have five unique looks and they all couldn’t be more different from my own style aesthetics but I love watching the looks they sashay into the office with. The posts will feature three of their favorite looks, what inspires their style, and what they are lusting after for the fall season. What I like about these ladies of style is that they have managed to use their clothes as a true form of self expression. They march to their own fashion drumbeat without taking themselves too seriously. I get style inspiration from all of them and ultimately that’s what a true style maven does; they inspire others to dress better. Look for these posts in the coming days. And of course you can expect a full fashion report from my travels. Laters, Dahlings.

2 comments:

Allison said...

A packing trick I use to pack light is to pick 3 colors, (black, white, brown or red usually works for me) and coordinate everything around that. True, I can't be as expressive as usual, but it's a good exercise in restraint, and forces me to get my "classic" on. Plus, you can challange your accessories to go the extra mile. Have fun!!

Vo said...

Thanks Allison, that's a great tip! I have a lot of black, which is perfect for travel. I think I'll stick to gray, black and red to keep things interesting.

Post Categories

2010 (1) a line skirt (1) accessories (10) airport style (2) amsterdam (2) ANTM (1) ASOS.com. (1) bags (2) barcelona (1) beauty products (1) belts (1) Black Friday (1) blazer (2) blush. candles (1) Boho Lux (1) booties (1) boots (5) bottoms (1) budget (1) Button Up Shirt (1) Camel Coat (1) Cape (1) cardigans (1) Christian Siriano (1) classic pieces (1) closet (1) Clothing swap (2) coat (1) Consumerism (1) couture (1) Creating layered looks (1) cross body bags (1) deals (3) denim jacket (1) desinger dresses (2) discount stores (1) discounts (1) Dresses (6) eco-friendly (1) fairly traded (1) fall 2010 (4) Fall Boots (2) fall fashion (1) Fall must have (5) fashion (3) Fashion TV (1) festive sweaters (1) film (1) flats (1) Forever21 (2) garden dress (1) getaways (1) gilt group (1) gloves (1) Golden Globes (1) haiti (1) handbag (1) handbags (1) haute look (1) heels (8) high end fashion (1) holidays (3) Hot For Fall (2) indie designers (1) Jewelry (2) Lanvin (1) leggings (2) leopard (1) london (1) M.A.C (1) make up (1) maxi (1) men and fashion (1) ModCloth (1) necklaces (1) NYE (1) Old Navy (1) opaque tights (1) oprah (1) Paris (2) Party dresses 2010 (1) Payless (1) personal style (6) pregnancy (1) pumps (1) Rachel Zoe (1) rent the runway (1) resolutions (1) sales (1) scarves (3) Sex and the City (1) shoes (7) shop (1) shopping (5) shopping diet (1) shopping responsibly (1) skinny jeans (1) skirts (1) Spring 2010 (8) Spring 2011 (4) stars (1) Stella and Dot (1) street style (1) Strutter of the Week (1) style (7) Style inspiration (1) style maven (1) style profile (2) stylish ladies (1) summer (1) summer 2010 (2) summer cool. (1) summer style (2) sunglasses (2) sweater dress (1) sweatshops (1) Target (1) Tee shirts (1) The Maxi Skirt (1) thrift (1) tights (2) top 7 things to pack (1) travel (1) TV (1) uniform (1) Vegas (1) vintage (2) vogue (1) walking in heels (1) watches (1) wedges (2) Wide leg jeans (1) wide leg pants (1) winter 2010 (2) winter fashion (1) wrap dress (1)