Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fashion On Film: Get Carried Away





Dahlings, love watching fashion themed movies as much I do? Via IM with a co-worker a couple weeks back she listed all the fashion docs she had seen and how much she loved slipping into the fantastical world of couture fashion. Of course I agreed wholeheartedly. I love movies where fashion plays a lead role.

My favorite is Valentino the Last Emperor. The doc gives a never before glimpse into Valentino's glamorous couture filled world and his relationship with longtime partner, Giancarlo Giammetti as he embraces the final act of his celebrated career. Can I tell you that I shed a tear. No snickering please, I was just so in awe of Mr. Valentino's work and how emotional he became as he realized how truly loved his work was and the major impact he had on the fashion world. Anyways, worth checking out and I loved his diva tendencies and the deep bond between him and his partner. Definitetly worth a spot on your Netflix queue.

Of course I saw the saw the September Issue, first at Sundance then again with a friend. The doc follows famed Vogue editor, Anna Wintour, her collaborators and minions as they assemble Vogue's much anticipated September issue. Also worth watching but all I can say is that I wanted more of Andre Leon Tally, the flamboyant editor-at-large for Vogue magazine. I mean really Andre??

Also worth putting in your Netflix queue is the Lifetime movie on Coco Chanel starring Shirley McLaine as the older Coco. It was surprisingly good covering both Coco's life in the beginning and later on when she became successful. There's also Coco Before Chanel, starring Audrey Tautou. Love her but I missed it in the theater, so it's next on my Netflix.

Of course Devil Wears Prada was genius and the ultimate fashion fantasy. I've seen this film at least five times, mostly because it reminds me of my very brief employment at O, the Oprah Magazine. Of course Anne Hathaway's wardrobe was major!  Okay I can go on as this list is by no means complete but I must end with a nod to the unforgettable ladies of Sex in the City. I didn't expect to love the movie when it came out last year as much as I did, but I really did and have seen it more times I care to disclose.

Well you must have heard by now that there's a sequel. I'm not sure one needed to be made. But guess what? I will be in line on May 28, 2010 when the film premieres and based on the trailer, it looks like the girls are back and better than ever with fabulous fashions, some flashback montages and more glitz and glamour than ever before.

Will you Carrie on?

Check out the trailer.


No comments:

Post Categories

2010 (1) a line skirt (1) accessories (10) airport style (2) amsterdam (2) ANTM (1) ASOS.com. (1) bags (2) barcelona (1) beauty products (1) belts (1) Black Friday (1) blazer (2) blush. candles (1) Boho Lux (1) booties (1) boots (5) bottoms (1) budget (1) Button Up Shirt (1) Camel Coat (1) Cape (1) cardigans (1) Christian Siriano (1) classic pieces (1) closet (1) Clothing swap (2) coat (1) Consumerism (1) couture (1) Creating layered looks (1) cross body bags (1) deals (3) denim jacket (1) desinger dresses (2) discount stores (1) discounts (1) Dresses (6) eco-friendly (1) fairly traded (1) fall 2010 (4) Fall Boots (2) fall fashion (1) Fall must have (5) fashion (3) Fashion TV (1) festive sweaters (1) film (1) flats (1) Forever21 (2) garden dress (1) getaways (1) gilt group (1) gloves (1) Golden Globes (1) haiti (1) handbag (1) handbags (1) haute look (1) heels (8) high end fashion (1) holidays (3) Hot For Fall (2) indie designers (1) Jewelry (2) Lanvin (1) leggings (2) leopard (1) london (1) M.A.C (1) make up (1) maxi (1) men and fashion (1) ModCloth (1) necklaces (1) NYE (1) Old Navy (1) opaque tights (1) oprah (1) Paris (2) Party dresses 2010 (1) Payless (1) personal style (6) pregnancy (1) pumps (1) Rachel Zoe (1) rent the runway (1) resolutions (1) sales (1) scarves (3) Sex and the City (1) shoes (7) shop (1) shopping (5) shopping diet (1) shopping responsibly (1) skinny jeans (1) skirts (1) Spring 2010 (8) Spring 2011 (4) stars (1) Stella and Dot (1) street style (1) Strutter of the Week (1) style (7) Style inspiration (1) style maven (1) style profile (2) stylish ladies (1) summer (1) summer 2010 (2) summer cool. (1) summer style (2) sunglasses (2) sweater dress (1) sweatshops (1) Target (1) Tee shirts (1) The Maxi Skirt (1) thrift (1) tights (2) top 7 things to pack (1) travel (1) TV (1) uniform (1) Vegas (1) vintage (2) vogue (1) walking in heels (1) watches (1) wedges (2) Wide leg jeans (1) wide leg pants (1) winter 2010 (2) winter fashion (1) wrap dress (1)