Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lesson in Shopping: Grab it While it's Hot

Dahlings, ever regret not making a purchase? I was practicing self control but now I deeply regret it.

I'm obsessing over a pair of NYLA shoes. If you've never heard of the brand, NYLA Shoes offers a fun selection of retro, high fashion contemporary and vintage inspired footwear styles. I came across a cute pair of sandals today when I made a stop at the TJ Maxx near my office. I typically shy away from big discount stores because I often find them overwhelming and messy despite the good deals to be had. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised by this TJ Maxx. And a well intended quick stop turned into an hour or more of shopping. Opps! The store was neat and basically empty and very peaceful I must say. I nabbed a pair of flat gladiator sandals and left the two handbags that I was fawning over. And then there were these shoes.




Originally ranging in price between $110-130, TJ Maxx had these priced at $39.99!! Nordy's is currently selling them for $99.

I love these heels. The soft, twisted-leather straps create a rich, modern texture with major impact, while its hidden platform and high heel make them not feel so high. I tried them on and felt pretty good in them; felt my swagger come on. But I thought, I'm going to be good and not get them. Do I really need another pair of heels? So I took a picture with my cell to mull it over later. At dinner I showed the hubby and he thought I was crazy to not have gotten them. I thought, thanks for the support. And now it's late at night and I'm still thinking about that.

The problem with shopping at big discount stores is that you do have to make your purchase pronto. These types of deals fly off the shelves fast. And now I doubt I'll find these in my size (there was only one size 6 left) if I go back to TJ Maxx.

Dahlings, in these tough economic times, a good deal is a good deal. Grab it while it's hot.

No comments:

Post Categories

2010 (1) a line skirt (1) accessories (10) airport style (2) amsterdam (2) ANTM (1) ASOS.com. (1) bags (2) barcelona (1) beauty products (1) belts (1) Black Friday (1) blazer (2) blush. candles (1) Boho Lux (1) booties (1) boots (5) bottoms (1) budget (1) Button Up Shirt (1) Camel Coat (1) Cape (1) cardigans (1) Christian Siriano (1) classic pieces (1) closet (1) Clothing swap (2) coat (1) Consumerism (1) couture (1) Creating layered looks (1) cross body bags (1) deals (3) denim jacket (1) desinger dresses (2) discount stores (1) discounts (1) Dresses (6) eco-friendly (1) fairly traded (1) fall 2010 (4) Fall Boots (2) fall fashion (1) Fall must have (5) fashion (3) Fashion TV (1) festive sweaters (1) film (1) flats (1) Forever21 (2) garden dress (1) getaways (1) gilt group (1) gloves (1) Golden Globes (1) haiti (1) handbag (1) handbags (1) haute look (1) heels (8) high end fashion (1) holidays (3) Hot For Fall (2) indie designers (1) Jewelry (2) Lanvin (1) leggings (2) leopard (1) london (1) M.A.C (1) make up (1) maxi (1) men and fashion (1) ModCloth (1) necklaces (1) NYE (1) Old Navy (1) opaque tights (1) oprah (1) Paris (2) Party dresses 2010 (1) Payless (1) personal style (6) pregnancy (1) pumps (1) Rachel Zoe (1) rent the runway (1) resolutions (1) sales (1) scarves (3) Sex and the City (1) shoes (7) shop (1) shopping (5) shopping diet (1) shopping responsibly (1) skinny jeans (1) skirts (1) Spring 2010 (8) Spring 2011 (4) stars (1) Stella and Dot (1) street style (1) Strutter of the Week (1) style (7) Style inspiration (1) style maven (1) style profile (2) stylish ladies (1) summer (1) summer 2010 (2) summer cool. (1) summer style (2) sunglasses (2) sweater dress (1) sweatshops (1) Target (1) Tee shirts (1) The Maxi Skirt (1) thrift (1) tights (2) top 7 things to pack (1) travel (1) TV (1) uniform (1) Vegas (1) vintage (2) vogue (1) walking in heels (1) watches (1) wedges (2) Wide leg jeans (1) wide leg pants (1) winter 2010 (2) winter fashion (1) wrap dress (1)