Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fall Fashion: A Dude's Opinion

Okay Dahlings, I hope you're enjoying my fall style picks. But while we sit away and dream of all the new looks we will try this fall, have you ever stopped to think about what the average guy thinks about all of our fashion shenanigans? I'm a frequent reader of Daily Candy and came across this hilarious post  from Dan, Daily Candy's only male editor. Read it first then read my thoughts below.

Did you read it? Laught out load funny right? I think the theory goes that women dress for other women because half the time, men are very confused by what we adorn our bodies with. But that's what's great about fashion, it's all very personal and your choice alone. But the average guy is a good style barometer as they often will help you cut through the fashion clutter leading you down a path of simplicity. I know whenever I'm taking myself too seriously I ask the hubby for his opinion and miraculously my style choices become very clear. Of course he is not right all the time, he's wrong actually 80 percent of the time, but for those moments when my mind is cluttered and I can't make one more decision, he steps right in at the perfect time. Anyway, I found Dan's fashion commentary to be refreshing. I agree with the smoky eyes, by the way.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I LOVE my high-waisted pants. My, ahem, ample booty made the low-rise trend a joke for me, and I'm so glad to see the fashion pendulum swing the other way. They make me feel classic, accentuates my wasit-line, and I love the way it just, shall we say, tucks everything in (Sayonara, muffin-top!) Clinging to this one for dear life.

Post Categories

2010 (1) a line skirt (1) accessories (10) airport style (2) amsterdam (2) ANTM (1) ASOS.com. (1) bags (2) barcelona (1) beauty products (1) belts (1) Black Friday (1) blazer (2) blush. candles (1) Boho Lux (1) booties (1) boots (5) bottoms (1) budget (1) Button Up Shirt (1) Camel Coat (1) Cape (1) cardigans (1) Christian Siriano (1) classic pieces (1) closet (1) Clothing swap (2) coat (1) Consumerism (1) couture (1) Creating layered looks (1) cross body bags (1) deals (3) denim jacket (1) desinger dresses (2) discount stores (1) discounts (1) Dresses (6) eco-friendly (1) fairly traded (1) fall 2010 (4) Fall Boots (2) fall fashion (1) Fall must have (5) fashion (3) Fashion TV (1) festive sweaters (1) film (1) flats (1) Forever21 (2) garden dress (1) getaways (1) gilt group (1) gloves (1) Golden Globes (1) haiti (1) handbag (1) handbags (1) haute look (1) heels (8) high end fashion (1) holidays (3) Hot For Fall (2) indie designers (1) Jewelry (2) Lanvin (1) leggings (2) leopard (1) london (1) M.A.C (1) make up (1) maxi (1) men and fashion (1) ModCloth (1) necklaces (1) NYE (1) Old Navy (1) opaque tights (1) oprah (1) Paris (2) Party dresses 2010 (1) Payless (1) personal style (6) pregnancy (1) pumps (1) Rachel Zoe (1) rent the runway (1) resolutions (1) sales (1) scarves (3) Sex and the City (1) shoes (7) shop (1) shopping (5) shopping diet (1) shopping responsibly (1) skinny jeans (1) skirts (1) Spring 2010 (8) Spring 2011 (4) stars (1) Stella and Dot (1) street style (1) Strutter of the Week (1) style (7) Style inspiration (1) style maven (1) style profile (2) stylish ladies (1) summer (1) summer 2010 (2) summer cool. (1) summer style (2) sunglasses (2) sweater dress (1) sweatshops (1) Target (1) Tee shirts (1) The Maxi Skirt (1) thrift (1) tights (2) top 7 things to pack (1) travel (1) TV (1) uniform (1) Vegas (1) vintage (2) vogue (1) walking in heels (1) watches (1) wedges (2) Wide leg jeans (1) wide leg pants (1) winter 2010 (2) winter fashion (1) wrap dress (1)