Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Do Stylish Mid heels Exist? I'm About to Find Out

If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you probably understand my love for the perfect heels, which can not only enhance an outfit but help to put that extra pep in your step. And let's not forget the wonderful ability heels have to elongate the body for shorties like me. So you can imagine how my heart dropped when I visited my podiatrist this week and he told me I needed to ease off wearing heels above 2 inches for a couple of months. Excuse me? I'm the girl that considers a 3 inch heel a good walking shoe. I was like, come again? Do you know who I am?? But in all fairness I knew this day was coming. Lately, when barefoot or wearing flats I experience some strong pain on the top of my right foot. So I started alternating from my regular high heels to flats in hopes of easing the pain. But my podiatrist said flats are not the answer because they don't provide sufficient padding for the balls of my feet and heels add too much pressure, which I experience when I take off my heels. I read that a 1-inch heel will increase the pressure by 22 percent; a 2-inch heel by 57 percent; and a 3-inch heel by 76 percent. Yes, easing off the high heels for now seems to be the answer. The alternative is causing a stress fracture, which could mean a cast or some ugly boot thing to take the pressure off. I asked my doctor if the foot gods are punishing me for all the years of sporting towering heels. He said no, it's a combination of my foot  shape, which makes me prone to stress fractures and wearing heels just makes the situation worse.  Yesterday I took stock of my shoes to see how many pairs of 2 inch shoes I have and realized I had both a fashion and medical emergency on my hands. This called for some serious online research to find the perfect, stylish 2 inch heel. And let me tell you, it's a hard feat ( Haha, get it??) but not impossible. I found several brands and looks that might make this experience a little bit more dignified.



Corso Como-Casey- These are a  good replacement for my typical 3-4 inch night on the town shoes. Not hugely sexy but wearable.

 
 

Steve Madden Carlen boots--not a huge fan of Steve Madden but they are cute and 2 inches...




Love these blue suede shoes. so these are 2 3/4 inches but better than three inches.


Ecco-fun slingback
Well, the options aren't looking too bad,  right? The good news is that I can still rock my 3 inch and above heels for special nights when I won't spend a lot of time on my feet. I guess it could be worst.  I could be restricted to ugly orthopedic shoes.So for now the quest for the perfect stylish 2 inch shoe continues. But it sure is hard to resist the irresistible pull of a sexy heel. I just have to find my inner strut instead of relying on heels like I usually do.

Post Categories

2010 (1) a line skirt (1) accessories (10) airport style (2) amsterdam (2) ANTM (1) ASOS.com. (1) bags (2) barcelona (1) beauty products (1) belts (1) Black Friday (1) blazer (2) blush. candles (1) Boho Lux (1) booties (1) boots (5) bottoms (1) budget (1) Button Up Shirt (1) Camel Coat (1) Cape (1) cardigans (1) Christian Siriano (1) classic pieces (1) closet (1) Clothing swap (2) coat (1) Consumerism (1) couture (1) Creating layered looks (1) cross body bags (1) deals (3) denim jacket (1) desinger dresses (2) discount stores (1) discounts (1) Dresses (6) eco-friendly (1) fairly traded (1) fall 2010 (4) Fall Boots (2) fall fashion (1) Fall must have (5) fashion (3) Fashion TV (1) festive sweaters (1) film (1) flats (1) Forever21 (2) garden dress (1) getaways (1) gilt group (1) gloves (1) Golden Globes (1) haiti (1) handbag (1) handbags (1) haute look (1) heels (8) high end fashion (1) holidays (3) Hot For Fall (2) indie designers (1) Jewelry (2) Lanvin (1) leggings (2) leopard (1) london (1) M.A.C (1) make up (1) maxi (1) men and fashion (1) ModCloth (1) necklaces (1) NYE (1) Old Navy (1) opaque tights (1) oprah (1) Paris (2) Party dresses 2010 (1) Payless (1) personal style (6) pregnancy (1) pumps (1) Rachel Zoe (1) rent the runway (1) resolutions (1) sales (1) scarves (3) Sex and the City (1) shoes (7) shop (1) shopping (5) shopping diet (1) shopping responsibly (1) skinny jeans (1) skirts (1) Spring 2010 (8) Spring 2011 (4) stars (1) Stella and Dot (1) street style (1) Strutter of the Week (1) style (7) Style inspiration (1) style maven (1) style profile (2) stylish ladies (1) summer (1) summer 2010 (2) summer cool. (1) summer style (2) sunglasses (2) sweater dress (1) sweatshops (1) Target (1) Tee shirts (1) The Maxi Skirt (1) thrift (1) tights (2) top 7 things to pack (1) travel (1) TV (1) uniform (1) Vegas (1) vintage (2) vogue (1) walking in heels (1) watches (1) wedges (2) Wide leg jeans (1) wide leg pants (1) winter 2010 (2) winter fashion (1) wrap dress (1)