Friday, July 2, 2010

Three Casual Summer Bottoms from Old Navy

Dahlings, I'm off to yet another getaway, this time to South Lake Tahoe for the long 4th of July Weekend.  This trip is a lot more low key than Vegas obviously and calls for a more relaxed wardrobe as there will be some hiking, frolicking at the lake etc. As I noted in an earlier post, I have a really hard time shopping for super casual clothes. I just find it so uninteresting but I realized the last time I brought casual bottoms was 5 years ago. So it's time to stock up. I recently stumbled into Old Navy and snatched up three really cute bottoms that make for easy laid back cool this summer. Check out my finds.


Women's Ankle-Zip Cargo Capris: I'm not usually a fan of cropped pants but these are ankle length and the zippered panel details made it different than the average cropped pant. I can also dress these up with some fun heels or dress up down with some flats. 



Women's Distressed Skinny Denim Capris: I really wanted to stay away from this trend; the distressed denim look. I  mean I did that in high school ( I actually distressed my own jeans) and thought this look was best for the under 25 set. But I couldn't help trying these on and I really fell in love with them. You can rock these with heels or flats. But a word of caution:  These are not easy to wear due to the skinny cut and there's no stretch for that extra snug factor. I actually had to go up a couple of sizes. Yikes! But I love...




Women's Distressed Boyfriend Khakis: Cool and comfortable, these are a must have for a cool summer wardrobe. Wear them rolled up or down. I prefer up, with some really fabulous wedge sandals.



I really believe in dressing for your environment. While I would rather be in my skinny jeans and towering heels with a cute blouse, I find these styles very fun and liberating. It's summer Dahlings, kick off your shoes and lean back!

No comments:

Post Categories

2010 (1) a line skirt (1) accessories (10) airport style (2) amsterdam (2) ANTM (1) ASOS.com. (1) bags (2) barcelona (1) beauty products (1) belts (1) Black Friday (1) blazer (2) blush. candles (1) Boho Lux (1) booties (1) boots (5) bottoms (1) budget (1) Button Up Shirt (1) Camel Coat (1) Cape (1) cardigans (1) Christian Siriano (1) classic pieces (1) closet (1) Clothing swap (2) coat (1) Consumerism (1) couture (1) Creating layered looks (1) cross body bags (1) deals (3) denim jacket (1) desinger dresses (2) discount stores (1) discounts (1) Dresses (6) eco-friendly (1) fairly traded (1) fall 2010 (4) Fall Boots (2) fall fashion (1) Fall must have (5) fashion (3) Fashion TV (1) festive sweaters (1) film (1) flats (1) Forever21 (2) garden dress (1) getaways (1) gilt group (1) gloves (1) Golden Globes (1) haiti (1) handbag (1) handbags (1) haute look (1) heels (8) high end fashion (1) holidays (3) Hot For Fall (2) indie designers (1) Jewelry (2) Lanvin (1) leggings (2) leopard (1) london (1) M.A.C (1) make up (1) maxi (1) men and fashion (1) ModCloth (1) necklaces (1) NYE (1) Old Navy (1) opaque tights (1) oprah (1) Paris (2) Party dresses 2010 (1) Payless (1) personal style (6) pregnancy (1) pumps (1) Rachel Zoe (1) rent the runway (1) resolutions (1) sales (1) scarves (3) Sex and the City (1) shoes (7) shop (1) shopping (5) shopping diet (1) shopping responsibly (1) skinny jeans (1) skirts (1) Spring 2010 (8) Spring 2011 (4) stars (1) Stella and Dot (1) street style (1) Strutter of the Week (1) style (7) Style inspiration (1) style maven (1) style profile (2) stylish ladies (1) summer (1) summer 2010 (2) summer cool. (1) summer style (2) sunglasses (2) sweater dress (1) sweatshops (1) Target (1) Tee shirts (1) The Maxi Skirt (1) thrift (1) tights (2) top 7 things to pack (1) travel (1) TV (1) uniform (1) Vegas (1) vintage (2) vogue (1) walking in heels (1) watches (1) wedges (2) Wide leg jeans (1) wide leg pants (1) winter 2010 (2) winter fashion (1) wrap dress (1)