Saturday, October 9, 2010

Style Maven: Minamilist with an Edge

 As I mentioned in my last post, over the next few days I will be featuring five stylish ladies with supernova personal style who all work with me at ITVS. Our office has a real casual air about it so when someone does step it up style wise it’s highly noticeable and these ladies never disappoint. And I love it! So meet Cheryl. What I appreciate about Cheryl is that she always maintains a very clean minimalist look that also manages to be classy and extremely confident.  She chooses clothes that have very clean uncomplicated lines that are not only comfortable but also harmonious. Cheryl can often be seen wearing a variation of one color-- one of my favorite tricks for creating a sleek, and elongating silhouette. While she favors more muted colors like gray, cream and black, Cheryl makes her outfits pop with edgy attention grabbing shoes. I have a feeling that she might have a slight shoe addiction. The girl rocks some serious ( towering) heels!  High impact bags and classic silver jewelry adds extra polish to all her ensembles.  Here’s a little insight into Cheryl’s personal style.


How would you describe your style?
Simple, easy, not too fussy and with a little flare (color or design).

What or who is your style inspiration?
It really all depends on my mood. Some days Rachel Zoe is an inspiration especially when it comes to pairing separates that I wouldn't think to put together. Other days it can be my mom who has a custom clothing boutique. And every once in a while it can be my inner heavy metal chick.

What style rules do you live by?
I don't buy or wear anything that makes me feel uncomfortable, especially around the waist. There's nothing more I hate than feeling bloated because I convinced myself that I can wear a size too small for myself, which I haven't done in a really long time and don't plan to ever do. I fully believe in being comfortable and confident in your clothes, no matter what your style.

What are three pieces you are lusting after for your fall wardrobe?
- a comfy oatmeal colored blanket sweater
- tall (over the knee) black boots with a sensible heel.
- a pair of UGG boots. Don't laugh, I have two big dogs that have to be walked three times a day even tho we have a backyard. That means I'm out in the soon to be freezing cold at the a** crack of dawn and freezing cold evening right before bed. UGG boots are sooooooo warm and cozy that I won't be miserable while walking my dogs.

What is the best style and fashion advice you’ve been given?
Stay true to yourself, wear what you like, and spend your money on quality not quantity. You might be saying "duh", but it works for me. Rarely do I spend money on something "trendy" that I kick myself for because it's useless in a couple of months.


What stores do you hit up on the regular to get your fashion fix?
 Nordstrom Rack, piperlime.com, and once in a great while Ambiance as a special treat.


What's the last word on this approach to style? The minamilist look is an effortless, unfussy, unadorned, and powerfully understated style of dressing that virtually all women of any age, shape, can rock.  




No comments:

Post Categories

2010 (1) a line skirt (1) accessories (10) airport style (2) amsterdam (2) ANTM (1) ASOS.com. (1) bags (2) barcelona (1) beauty products (1) belts (1) Black Friday (1) blazer (2) blush. candles (1) Boho Lux (1) booties (1) boots (5) bottoms (1) budget (1) Button Up Shirt (1) Camel Coat (1) Cape (1) cardigans (1) Christian Siriano (1) classic pieces (1) closet (1) Clothing swap (2) coat (1) Consumerism (1) couture (1) Creating layered looks (1) cross body bags (1) deals (3) denim jacket (1) desinger dresses (2) discount stores (1) discounts (1) Dresses (6) eco-friendly (1) fairly traded (1) fall 2010 (4) Fall Boots (2) fall fashion (1) Fall must have (5) fashion (3) Fashion TV (1) festive sweaters (1) film (1) flats (1) Forever21 (2) garden dress (1) getaways (1) gilt group (1) gloves (1) Golden Globes (1) haiti (1) handbag (1) handbags (1) haute look (1) heels (8) high end fashion (1) holidays (3) Hot For Fall (2) indie designers (1) Jewelry (2) Lanvin (1) leggings (2) leopard (1) london (1) M.A.C (1) make up (1) maxi (1) men and fashion (1) ModCloth (1) necklaces (1) NYE (1) Old Navy (1) opaque tights (1) oprah (1) Paris (2) Party dresses 2010 (1) Payless (1) personal style (6) pregnancy (1) pumps (1) Rachel Zoe (1) rent the runway (1) resolutions (1) sales (1) scarves (3) Sex and the City (1) shoes (7) shop (1) shopping (5) shopping diet (1) shopping responsibly (1) skinny jeans (1) skirts (1) Spring 2010 (8) Spring 2011 (4) stars (1) Stella and Dot (1) street style (1) Strutter of the Week (1) style (7) Style inspiration (1) style maven (1) style profile (2) stylish ladies (1) summer (1) summer 2010 (2) summer cool. (1) summer style (2) sunglasses (2) sweater dress (1) sweatshops (1) Target (1) Tee shirts (1) The Maxi Skirt (1) thrift (1) tights (2) top 7 things to pack (1) travel (1) TV (1) uniform (1) Vegas (1) vintage (2) vogue (1) walking in heels (1) watches (1) wedges (2) Wide leg jeans (1) wide leg pants (1) winter 2010 (2) winter fashion (1) wrap dress (1)