Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What I'm Lovin': A Few Things That Make Me Happy

Dahlings, my new year's resolution is not to make any resolutions. Self improvement is a daily struggle and shouldn't be relegated to the first day of the year and trickle into the first few months. I am always seeking to be the best that I can be. And while I continue to work on my inner self, it doesn't hurt to work on the outside. That's sometimes easier anyway. To that end, I'm always on the hunt for new products that not only enhance my appearance but that also make me feel good. Here's four products that I'm lovin' lately.

1. M.A.C Cream Colour base.
I really love blush. I just can't live without it. A little bit does wonders to enliven the face. I think even if you're not  into make-up a sweep of blush can help put some life in your face on those days when you face is dragging. My new favorite is the cream colour  base blush from M.A.C. I apply it with a brush and  love the sheen it gives my skin. You can also use this as a lip stain and eye shadow. It  gives a healthy glow to the skin. A word of warning though, I think this blush works best if you have normal to dry skin. If you have oily skin  stick to a powder, which won't slide off your face.

2. Face Primer.
 Face primer is a great way to smooth out your skin before you apply make-up. You don't need to use this everyday but when you do you will see a major difference in your skin. Primer not only keeps make-up on your face but it provides a great base for application of foundation or powder helping it glide onto your face effortlessly.  I like to use this for special events or when I have a work event and I know I won't have time to blot and do touch-ups.  Love this, again from M.A.C. It goes on light,and has an iridescent or pearlescent color that gives off a light sheen.

3. Burt's Bee's Target Spot Treatment. I rarely get pimples so when I do, it's drama!!  I'm loving this from the Burt's Bee's line.  It's a natural acne spot treatment that really works. I put it on at night and in the morning my pimple has either disappeared or reduced considerable.


4. Voluspa Candles. I know. Candles?? Yes, honey. Candles make me happy. Good candles. For year's I've been in love with this brand.  From the moment you illuminate one you will notice why these candles are made from the purest high grade ingredients. The fragrance comes through perfectly, lingering in the air even after the candle has been extinguished.I love the Baltic Amber from the Japonica collection. To die for. I burn one when I get home from work to soothe away a long day and they are perfect for when I have company. I even have travel sizes that I take with me when I'm on the road. You find these at various retailers but I often pop in the nearest  Anthroplogie to get mine. The hubby likes them so much he will go pick them up on his own. Now you know that's a damn good candle if your man can't live without one.

Stay tuned Dahlings. You know there's bound to be more things I'm Lovin' right around the corner.

Post Categories

2010 (1) a line skirt (1) accessories (10) airport style (2) amsterdam (2) ANTM (1) ASOS.com. (1) bags (2) barcelona (1) beauty products (1) belts (1) Black Friday (1) blazer (2) blush. candles (1) Boho Lux (1) booties (1) boots (5) bottoms (1) budget (1) Button Up Shirt (1) Camel Coat (1) Cape (1) cardigans (1) Christian Siriano (1) classic pieces (1) closet (1) Clothing swap (2) coat (1) Consumerism (1) couture (1) Creating layered looks (1) cross body bags (1) deals (3) denim jacket (1) desinger dresses (2) discount stores (1) discounts (1) Dresses (6) eco-friendly (1) fairly traded (1) fall 2010 (4) Fall Boots (2) fall fashion (1) Fall must have (5) fashion (3) Fashion TV (1) festive sweaters (1) film (1) flats (1) Forever21 (2) garden dress (1) getaways (1) gilt group (1) gloves (1) Golden Globes (1) haiti (1) handbag (1) handbags (1) haute look (1) heels (8) high end fashion (1) holidays (3) Hot For Fall (2) indie designers (1) Jewelry (2) Lanvin (1) leggings (2) leopard (1) london (1) M.A.C (1) make up (1) maxi (1) men and fashion (1) ModCloth (1) necklaces (1) NYE (1) Old Navy (1) opaque tights (1) oprah (1) Paris (2) Party dresses 2010 (1) Payless (1) personal style (6) pregnancy (1) pumps (1) Rachel Zoe (1) rent the runway (1) resolutions (1) sales (1) scarves (3) Sex and the City (1) shoes (7) shop (1) shopping (5) shopping diet (1) shopping responsibly (1) skinny jeans (1) skirts (1) Spring 2010 (8) Spring 2011 (4) stars (1) Stella and Dot (1) street style (1) Strutter of the Week (1) style (7) Style inspiration (1) style maven (1) style profile (2) stylish ladies (1) summer (1) summer 2010 (2) summer cool. (1) summer style (2) sunglasses (2) sweater dress (1) sweatshops (1) Target (1) Tee shirts (1) The Maxi Skirt (1) thrift (1) tights (2) top 7 things to pack (1) travel (1) TV (1) uniform (1) Vegas (1) vintage (2) vogue (1) walking in heels (1) watches (1) wedges (2) Wide leg jeans (1) wide leg pants (1) winter 2010 (2) winter fashion (1) wrap dress (1)